| The drink
- You know you should, but do you do it? Drink at least 15 glasses of
water a day
- Mix the fruit juice of your choice with mineral water for a healthy
- Is there a waterfall you can get under, or a brook to swim in? Donít
pass up the opportunity. Great for blood circulation.
- Sinking into a bathtub has a tranquilizing effect on the mind. Throw in
mineral salts if you can.
- Use water as mouth freshener along with a sprig of mint, honey and lime.
- Make a compress for dry, flaky, irritated skin using water. Use gauze
dipped in tolerably cold water. Apply on affected area and leave on for 10
minutes. Instant relief.
- Sebastian Keipp, who wrote My Water Cure, recommends using water as a
healing power to cure disease. "Walk barefoot on grass or immerse your legs
in cold water up to the knees. This increases resistance to illness."
- With water, remember, more is always better.
Absolute hair highlight
The question that hair specialist Colleen Khan was asked most often at the 1999
Cosmo Show in Delhi was how often hair should be washed. "It is a total myth
that you canít wash hair everyday," says Colleen. "Clean hair is the best hair
highlight. It is overshampooing that should be avoided."
Shahnaz Husain agrees. "In the summer months, hair collects more dirt and
washing it regularly is necessary. Especially in cities where chemical and
pollutants to cling to the scalp. In summer, hair should be washed three times a
week or more, if needed. But use a small quantity of shampoo and choose a mild,
Give your hair a cold rinse prior to turning off the shower-it closes
follicles so locks in shine.